Dear painters, art aficionados, and art explorers everywhere. I would never have guessed this journal would keep my interest for so long! Join me as I learn about the processes of painting, drawing and at times, the history of art.
My website is: terirobusstudio.com

7.02.2016

VPC


I just finished a VPC - Very Personal Commission -
personal for my patron, and for me!

(the following several posts will be sharing my thoughts
 and photos of the painting progression)
 
It was such an honor to paint such a painting. I thought long and hard about it ... 
mostly after this initial sketch:


My patron 
(I am delighted to title her this because she has three! of my original oil paintings in her home!) wanted to round out 
a little gallery wall of paintings in her kitchen with this small painting.


We decided on 12 x 8 inches with a small, Matt Robus-handmade frame. 
She mentioned she did like this painting -

Still Life with Hopper   14 x 11  oil on canvas
(posted HERE on April 28)
 
because of the blue vase, and the books and the slightly trompe l'oeil card in front of the books. 
(I had set this up in my studio and mainly because I love Edward Hopper, I "needed" to paint it.)

More about this commission next post.
Thanks for viewing!!

 


No comments: