Dear painters, art aficionados, and art explorers everywhere. I would never have guessed this journal would keep my interest for so long! Join me as I learn about the processes of painting, drawing and at times, the history of art.
My website is: terirobusstudio.com

7.14.2016

Very Personal Commission - Fini



Of course each commission we do is personal. 
This one is more so. 
Because of the relationship, the requests, the colors, the feeling ... the ease.

 
This is the painting at last post. The white-ish foreground too bright.


With the bright and green tones scaled down
and seen through a light grayish tint ... 
 the original background still resonates.


Why wasn't there a shadow by the nectarine painting? 

Ok, much better.


For Karen    oil on panel   12 x 8 inches





What does it mean, say the words, that the earth is so beautiful? 
And what shall I do about it? 
What is the gift that I should bring to the world? What is the life that I should live? 
 - Mary Oliver

(Thank you Karen!)

No comments: