Dear painters, art aficionados, and art explorers everywhere. I would never have guessed this journal would keep my interest for so long! Join me as I learn about the processes of painting, drawing and at times, the history of art.
My website is: terirobusstudio.com

6.15.2016

Equine Challenge


My sis commissioned me to create a painting of this photo she snapped of her friend's horse.




I do not, and she did not, know the horse's name.
I told her that I thought the horse looked a little concerned in this photo.
 She said it was - because the owners were not there yet 
and the horse did not know my sister and her husband.

My sister thought the painting would be/look cool on some barn-type wood, 
so we found a pallet and my husband broke it up, planed the pieces (5) and put together the support. 
It turned out to be approx 15" x 21" - about the size she envisioned.








This is the "canvas" (the pallet boards) which was first covered with Kilz and then black Gesso. 
I gridded it and used this photo to set the drawing.


I used ValueViewer to get an idea of the darkest, middle and lightest areas in the photo.


Next posts will show the progression.

Thanks for checking in!



No comments: