Dear painters, art aficionados, and art explorers everywhere. I would never have guessed this journal would keep my interest for so long! Join me as I learn about the processes of painting, drawing and at times, the history of art.
My website is: terirobusstudio.com

4.28.2016

Still Life with Hopper


Hi - I had taken a break from the little still life I was working on because of my Nancy Tankersley workshop and family visits. On March 3rd I had just set the charcoal drawing with the alcohol wash. Time to continue and reveal what came next.


 For some reason I needed to begin with the vase.

 Then flowers and books (art books, of course).

The card on the shelf is one of my birthday cards with an Edward Hopper image (love).

Still Life With Hopper    14 x 11 inches   oil on canvas
 During our recent art salon, suggestions were made (because I asked for them) for things I could do to improve this funny little painting. One of them was to change the card frame to something darker and I think it worked to pop the image.



... and here is the set-up. 
The poor old bouquet, the Hopper card - and my tea.

Thanks so much for stopping by!


No comments: