Dear painters, art aficionados, and art explorers everywhere. I would never have guessed this journal would keep my interest for so long! Join me as I learn about the processes of painting, drawing and at times, the history of art.
My website is: terirobusstudio.com

1.23.2016

23rd Painting of 30 - January

This quote is for my fellow artists and enthusiasts, 
be they students, accomplished professionals or cultivated amateurs.

"I think I am safe in saying, until you became an art student, 
you never saw an outline - you never took the outline into consideration. 
You saw forms and these forms had character and motion.
If you use lines now as a means of drawing, 
try to find the way to make them express what you see 
- forms of definite character and movement. 
Don't become a victim of line."
 
- Robert Henri

I think I may just now be able to begin to understand what he meant.
Do you?

3:50 pm Juneau       6 x 8 inches     oil on Arches Huile paper




Ha - the b&w really shows how close the light values in the sky and the mountains are.
Well, I knew that was the case ... because that is the way it looked as the afternoon light waned.


One more week! Thank you for checking in!

No comments: