Dear painters, art aficionados, and art explorers everywhere. I would never have guessed this journal would keep my interest for so long! Join me as I learn about the processes of painting, drawing and at times, the history of art.
My website is: terirobusstudio.com

11.20.2015

Plein air to studio painting, finished!


Back to the studio painting I have been working on ... the frame is even done!
Below: the rest of the progression. (cont. from post of 10/9)








 Just so you, who may want to do commissions, are aware ...
your client may want changes. I showed my friend the piece and she
did want some changes.
I had the water quite purple, (I was thinking about the colors she liked: greens, purples, browns, mauves) but she did want the lake to be on the blue side, and the mountain to have a bit more brown. I also took out the purple in the sky and liked it MUCH better. She wanted more leaves - I agreed.
I showed this to my salon friends and they suggested more texture to the trunk and that also went well. After a few more tweaks, I said - finished! One could just paint on and on ... but there's a point of no return I think ... and it might be too much.

Reading at the Lake    24 x 36 inches     oil on canvas
 Think the values work ok.


 Here is the original again. 6 x 8 inch plein air. Is the studio painting as fresh and free as the original? I am not sure. I am saturated by both right now.

The frame Matt (husband, carver and frame-maker) made looks wonderful! 
Painting is floating in the frame. I finished it with a Walnut Gel Stain and 
topped it with a one-step Honey-Satin Stain + Polyurethane.

 When it is hanging in my friend's studio
I will take a photo and post it.

Now to get to house-cleaning, preparing for guests.
We have all the kids (+plus 1 puppy dog) coming for Thanksgiving!

Wishing you all a very peaceful and wonderful Thanksgiving wherever you are!

(and thank you so much for clicking on my art blog)


No comments: