Dear painters, art aficionados, and art explorers everywhere. I would never have guessed this journal would keep my interest for so long! Join me as I learn about the processes of painting, drawing and at times, the history of art.
My website is: terirobusstudio.com

5.23.2015

Painting at Sunny Point


I haven't been posting about our Saturday plein air painting outings since the end of April, 
but today was a great day for painting so here are some photos.


 Steve made a larger painting than he normally does. It is turning out nicely!

 Pua found a nice place to paint dandelion puffs and lupine!

 Dodecatheon pulchellum (Shooting Star) 
My favorite wildflower!
One day I will paint a close up.
This run-off stream in the tide flats was very iron-laden!

 Nancy captured a lovely scene!

 Cristine and Jane

Sunny Point Spring   8 x 10  ws oil on birch panel    





When I got home, I felt this little painting needed a third Indian Rhubarb stalk. 
These are the dried left-over stalks from last year. The new growth is coming up at the base. 
I captured a little bunch of Shooting Star and a couple of Marsh Marigold. 
There were sedges everywhere and Chocolate Lily about ready to bloom.


Fairly happy with this. I feel the values could be more separate...

Thanks to the Plein Rein Painters for their companionship and support!

Paint on!


3 comments:

Chris Lally said...

I would be happy with that painting, too. It's great!!

Teri said...

Thanks so much for the feedback Chris!

cristine said...

I love your painting too. I especially like Nancy and her umbrella in background. Just like the French plein air painters over 100 years ago… Paint on!