Dear painters, art aficionados, and art explorers everywhere. I would never have guessed this journal would keep my interest for so long! Join me as I learn about the processes of painting, drawing and at times, the history of art.
My website is: terirobusstudio.com

4.17.2015

Skunk Cabbage painting, Juneau, AK



Last spring I walked outside with my plein-air set-up 
and tried to paint skunk cabbage 
that was abundantly growing in our "back 40" 
not 40 acres ... more like 40 meters square!

I guess I never did post it because of trouble with the painting.

Well, I worked on it a bit with some suggestions from my painterly friends
 and this is what happened. So it is not entirely plein-air, of course.

First, this is what I have of the progress:

 


The photo above doesn't look tons different, 
but there was paint added to the tree because it looked see-through, 
and more paint up the slope, etc.

Skunk Cabbage   8x10 oil on panel
I think it gives the impression of those yellow/green fat swords 
bursting from the ground...for me anyhow.


I think it is finished.

Thank you for viewing my art blog!


No comments: