Dear painters, art aficionados, and art explorers everywhere. I would never have guessed this journal would keep my interest for so long! Join me as I learn about the processes of painting, drawing and at times, the history of art.
My website is: terirobusstudio.com

8.26.2014

Thirty Paintings in Thirty Days - Yikes


Yes, yikes is right. I have signed up to do the 
30 paintings in 30 days September 2014 challenge
that Leslie Saeta is sponsoring on her blog. 

She set up a website and there are by now 
possibly over 600 artists all over the world participating.

She encouraged us to have a theme and I decided to do "Stuff In My Refrigerator" since there are probably at least 30 different things  :o)

I will be posting not only the paintings here on my blog, as well as on her blog - 
but hopefully the paintings' progress too.

For a sneak peek, 
the days up to Sept 1 will be the quick and tiny thumbnail sketches, in preparation.


pencil sketch  2.5  x 2 inches


For this one, I actually did a charcoal sketch with an alcohol wash before painting.



And for all of the 30/30 paintings, I prepared a few 5 x 6 inch but mostly 6 x 8 inch pieces of Arches Oil Paper. Those sizes were the best utilization of the 16 x 12 inch pad of paper.


No comments: