Dear painters, art aficionados, and art explorers everywhere. I would never have guessed this journal would keep my interest for so long! Join me as I learn about the processes of painting, drawing and at times, the history of art.
My website is: terirobusstudio.com

1.16.2014

DownChannel 8 x 10

DownChannel 8" x 10"  oil on prepared canvas board

Here is the second painting using as reference the first. It is lighter down the channel. I used a more limited palette and didn't use any greens or blues other than the ultramarine blue.

I think it was fairly quick, and there is more paint, but not a ton more.

I've decided to use this as an exercise -
 I will use this painting as my reference and make a 5" x 7" painting...
then that one and do a smaller painting and then
maybe even a smaller one. 

They should be getting faster and faster, as well.

I commented yesterday in a "comment" (because I forgot to mention it when I posted)
 that VPO did post my Uncle Tim's Bridge painting.
Yay!

Oh - this is an update. I forgot to include the b&w value study:


 

No comments: