Dear painters, art aficionados, and art explorers everywhere. I would never have guessed this journal would keep my interest for so long! Join me as I learn about the processes of painting, drawing and at times, the history of art.
My website is: terirobusstudio.com

3.11.2013

Plein Rein Painters - Retreat continued

5" x 7"  oil on prepared board

Both of these oil sketches are variations of one of the views out the window 
of the Jubilee Cabin at the Shrine of St. Therese, 
Juneau, Alaska, where we gathered for the painting retreat.


8" x 10"  water miscible oil on paper
This painted sketch is on Arches paper for oil!

I have been continuing to experiment with the water soluble oils and thought, 
for the lower painting that I could sort of do a wash with a vermillion color and
then go over it with something else...alas, it was warm and the paint dried quickly.
The painting looks more like a sunset, or maybe a sunrise?


I am heading back to Wyoming tomorrow, so will not be able to post 
(unless I have a long layover somewhere).

No comments: