Dear painters, art aficionados, and art explorers everywhere. I would never have guessed this journal would keep my interest for so long! Join me as I learn about the processes of painting, drawing and at times, the history of art.
My website is: terirobusstudio.com

3.18.2013

Painting with Grant

Grant decided to paint the cactus.

Grant's Cactus  Water soluble paints on Arches Oil paper.

We set up a still life, but Grant liked the cactus. 
I painted this still life. Forgot to take a picture of the set-up.




Again, this was very quick because we were hitting the road with a 7-8 hour drive back to Torrington, WY. We had a beautiful, and too short, visit with my brother and his family.
I think these quick painting sketches are very good to do. 
Just get the gesture down and all the pertinent information. 
Simplifies the composition because of the time limit.

Thank you Scott, Sue, Grant and Clark! 
Hudson (another nephew) and his friend Phalen also stopped by! 

Hope to see everyone again in the not too far future.


No comments: