Dear painters, art aficionados, and art explorers everywhere. I would never have guessed this journal would keep my interest for so long! Join me as I learn about the processes of painting, drawing and at times, the history of art.
My website is: terirobusstudio.com

4.21.2017

Lost Horizon III - 9th of 11 paintings in the March JAHC show


The abstracted landscape. 


Van Gogh did it.



 Turner did it. 



Many painters abstracted what their eyes saw - 
or maybe some people actually see that way? ...


Whatever the case, I also had a goal to abstract a landscape
and the following shots show some of the process for Lost Horizon III.

Color slapped on.


Adding texture in places with acrylic crackle paste.

Almost there ... it needed something ... there was energy ...

It needed still more action! Got my arm & body into it.

Lost Horizon III        2017   Oil on wood panel   30 x 36 inches






Thanks so very much for viewing my art!


2 comments:

Chris Lally said...

NICE one, Teri!!

Teri said...

Thanks for your comment, Chris!