Dear painters, art aficionados, and art explorers everywhere. I would never have guessed this journal would keep my interest for so long! Join me as I learn about the processes of painting, drawing and at times, the history of art.
My website is: terirobusstudio.com

1.22.2016

22nd Painting of 30 - January



"What is the relation of the artist to the community?
 What good does a man's art do? 
There are those in the community who regard the artist 
as a mere entertainer 
come with cap and bells to amuse and perform graces 
before a paying public. 
The true artist regards his work 
as a means of talking with men, 
of saying his say to himself and to others. 
It is not a question of pay. It is not a question of willing acceptance on the part of the public. 
If he is welcomed and paid it is very good, 
but whether or no he must say his say."
- Robert Henri


10:15 am Juneau     6 x 8 inches     oil on Arches Huile paper

In today's Henri quote I so wanted to change his
 "man" and "men" and "he" and "his" to gender equal terms ...
but remember, in the 1920's people thought, spoke and wrote quite differently than I, 
and of course one cannot change a quote.

Thanks for viewing and please be sure to check out -

No comments: