Dear painters, art aficionados, and art explorers everywhere. I would never have guessed this journal would keep my interest for so long! Join me as I learn about the processes of painting, drawing and at times, the history of art.
My website is: terirobusstudio.com

1.16.2016

16/30 Paintings in January

My word(s) of the day, perhaps week, or month or YEAR!! 


i love the concept, and to me today's painting is a bit wabi-sabi.



Also, there are so many lines one can quote from Robert Henri;
I am not even very far into his book The Art Spirit.

The quote below illustrates why I am so passionate about learning 
and expressing myself via the arts
 (and not just painting, underlining by me):

"If you want to know how to do a thing 
you must first have a complete desire to do that thing. 
Then go to kindred spirits 
-- others who have wanted to do that thing -- 
and study their ways and means, 
learn from their successes and failures 
and add your quota ... 
And with this technical knowledge
you may go forward,
expressing through the play of forms the music that is in you 
and which is very personal to you."
- Robert Henri


10 am Juneau      6 x 8 inches     oil on Arches Huile paper 







... therefore ... 
I am signed up for a painting workshop in April.
!

THANK YOU for viewing my art!




 

7 comments:

Chris Lally said...

Really like your color palette! Very creative idea here!!

Chris Lally said...

Oh, your workshop! Which one did you choose?

Teri said...

Chris, this palette just is amazing for its versatility!
I am taking Nancy Tankersley's "painting from photos" (I think that is the name.) It is hosted by Qiang Huang and will be a half-hour drive from my daughter's house. You should go too and we can meet! :)

Chris Lally said...

That sounds great, but I might not be living in Portland then. We're hoping to be in Eugene by April. I'll let you know how that works...

I just love Nancy Tankersley's work! No workshop for me because of the move, but maybe a cup of coffee if I'm still in PDX.

Teri said...

Oh, Chris - I forgot to say that the workshop is in Austin. But we are going to visit family in Oregon on the way home.
But I won't have any free time in Portland :( I am not staying there long enough this trip. Wow, best of luck with the move! It is a big deal to do that!

Chris Lally said...

Maybe next time, Teri. Sounds like an exciting workshop!!

Teri said...

Hope to have my act together to blog about it. Ok, maybe one of these days!