Dear painters, art aficionados, and art explorers everywhere. I would never have guessed this journal would keep my interest for so long! Join me as I learn about the processes of painting, drawing and at times, the history of art.
My website is: terirobusstudio.com

12.13.2015

Clouds, podcasts and more Working Birds (Loon!)


I know you guys or some of you anyway, listen to podcasts while you paint. Me too. One of my favorite podcasts is Savvy Painter.  That link takes you to painter/host Antrese Wood's latest one - her interview #2 with Tony Peters. It was a fun interview with discussions of how to stay focused, and working out (i.e. exercise) to help with that (of which I am in favor, because it works! I was actually working out -biking- while listening to it).

They did discuss painting clouds and I had just finished a quick little cloud painting!

This is the painting underway on my easel and the newspaper photo that inspired it:



Gold Dust Clouds     oil on Arches Huile paper     6 x 8 inches


 
The interesting thing to me about this painting was that I had been working on a frame with some Iridescent Gold acrylic and I, on a whim, put a bit on some Arches oil paper ... 

... so while painting my clouds, I allowed a little of the gold (dust) to peek through. 
The half-inch frame for this is painted with some of that gold, too.

Clouds are good things to paint and I will paint more of them.

Ok, on to more Working Birds! (That link is Matt's WorkingBirds facebook page ... check it out!)

Common Loon + chick       carved from alder wood by Matthew H Robus
 Isn't this JUST FABULOUS???  Oh my gosh, I love it so much. 
The chick is actually held on by a magnet that Matt embedded in the back of the adult loon!
 
Thank you for checking in on this little blog. 

Enjoy your holiday season! 





No comments: