Dear painters, art aficionados, and art explorers everywhere. I would never have guessed this journal would keep my interest for so long! Join me as I learn about the processes of painting, drawing and at times, the history of art.
My website is: terirobusstudio.com

12.06.2015

Busy Gallery Walk December First Friday - Juneau!

Before talking about First Friday ...

I had mentioned that I wanted to show you
 my studio painting Reading at the Lake (I renamed it Solitude) in situ.
So! - here is a photo of it
on my dear friend Julia's Pilates studio wall.  With the frame it is now about 32" x 44".
I am very happy with it! (She loves it too!)


The poplar frame is beautiful, made by my hubby 
and the canvas is set flush with the molding (kinda floating) with no rabbet.
 I put honey pine satin over a honey satin stain (both Minwax Polyurethane); 
we backed it with some brown paper, put the wire on it and voila!

 Ok, so this past Friday in Juneau a huge happening happened! The December Gallery Walk is the biggest First Friday Art Walk of the year. Juneau's Front Street was closed to traffic and people were dancing in the streets and everyone was out having fun looking at and buying art. What could be a better gift than a piece of original art?

My two plein air paintings (below) will be hanging the month of December in the 
Juneau Arts and Humanities Council Gallery 
along with all the other calendar entries in the Plein Rein 2016 Calendar Exhibit.

My painting Gruening Cabin Beach is the May calendar entry, and I must admit that it is stunning to see all the original paintings after viewing the small versions in our calendar. 
The calendars, several notecards and a few prints are available 
at the Juneau Arts and Humanities Council front counter.


Gruening Cabin Beach + Fisherwoman      oil on linen panel    8 x 10 inches
Incoming Tide at Eagle Beach      oil on Arches Huile paper   8 x 12 inches
 Last check, the Eagle Beach painting had a red dot!

And one more thing before I go. My husband Matt's Working Birds small bird carvings are available (for purchase and commission)
at the Juneau Artists Gallery and here are a couple of photos for you.


Hmmm....thought I cropped them, but oh well. This Rufous Hummingbird (female) sold on Friday! And of course you know the second little carving is a Black-Capped Chickadee.

His little bird carvings are so great 
but I also have to brag on him a bit and show you more of his larger work next time I post!

Thank you for checking in - happy painting and viewing!

 

2 comments:

Chris Lally said...

Wow! It's good to read such happy news! That studio painting looks awesome framed on that lucky pilates wall! And how great that your husband shares creative passions. Love the great frame & his beautiful bird carvings. Yes, it will be good seeing more of them!

What an exciting First Friday! Dancing in the streets? Sounds like Alaskans know how to party.


Congrats on the calendar and sale! I bet you'll be putting a red dot on Cabin Beach, too. So nice to hear happy stuff. Thanks for sharing, Teri!!

Teri said...

Thank you so much Chris! Happy news is way under-rated isn't it? Can't wait to share more of Matt's work :)