Dear painters, art aficionados, and art explorers everywhere. I would never have guessed this journal would keep my interest for so long! Join me as I learn about the processes of painting, drawing and at times, the history of art.
My website is: terirobusstudio.com

5.25.2015

Sunshine Cove + Gesso-ing

 
The other day my friend Barbara (Be) and I went out to a quiet little place called Sunshine Cove. 
We painted. Here are a couple of shots of that day.





 My start.


 Be's start. (She just received her regular, non-transition glasses so she can see her paint colors when we go to Colorado to attend our plein air painting workshop.) I will try to blog about that as it happens in June.


Mother Tree at Sunshine Cove     6 x 8 inches   ws oils on linen canvas



 


I have been reading Show Your Work! and will talk about the next chapter tomorrow, if there is time (Be and I are going painting).

These final photos are of the gesso going on the three canvases for the big triptych! 
I will use at least two or three more coats of gesso.






1 comment:

Helen Cooper said...

Love your variations of green and those rocks are amazing!