Dear painters, art aficionados, and art explorers everywhere. I would never have guessed this journal would keep my interest for so long! Join me as I learn about the processes of painting, drawing and at times, the history of art.
My website is: terirobusstudio.com

5.27.2015

Painting in the woods on the Breadline Trail


I am having a hard time getting my photos to go to my computer (something seems to have changed), so am working with Blog Go on the iPad.

My friend Be and I set up our easels just off of the "Breadline Trail" on Tuesday (in case someone was hiking ... but the whole time we were there, not a single person - or bear - wandered by!)
 We found a great little sunny opening with a stream 
and a bridge - lots of skunk cabbage, Devil's Club and GREEN.


 


Blocked in with dark (Ultramarine + Burnt Umber)


 Be painting in the "jungle" (please note her hat).


And this is the start of her painting. She has covered the canvas already!


Here is my painting when we ended our session. I like how the orange pops through now and then and how it is subtly under the paint on some of the bridge/walkway timbers.

There may be more of this one another time.

Happy painting!
 
 
 


 
 


 
 

 

No comments: