Dear painters, art aficionados, and art explorers everywhere. I would never have guessed this journal would keep my interest for so long! Join me as I learn about the processes of painting, drawing and at times, the history of art.
My website is: terirobusstudio.com

11.17.2014

View along the Kona Heritage Corridor


Ok, we are past the halfway point of our stay here on the Big Island.
I LOVE it!

 
This is Pitaya amarilla, or Yellow Dragon Fruit. 
It is delicious!

 
The other day, we drove up on the 10 mile narrow, winding, hillside (mauka) Heritage Road 
above Kailua.


Lush, green, cooler habitat than down on the beach.


Saw lots and lots of coffee plants.
 
We stopped at a place we could pull off and be safe.

The attraction for me to paint there was a little window of light 
shining on banana leaves 
and the ocean in the distance.

pencil sketch


kind of a mess, but this was my block-in that stayed this way for several days
 

 
Finally had the chance to work on it today. Pretty abstract, but I like it.

This painting is oil on a 6 x 6 inch prepared archival panel ... the only 6x6 panel that I brought.



Mahalo for looking in!

a hui hou (Hawaiian for "until we meet again")
 
 

 

No comments: