Dear painters, art aficionados, and art explorers everywhere. I would never have guessed this journal would keep my interest for so long! Join me as I learn about the processes of painting, drawing and at times, the history of art.
My website is: terirobusstudio.com

11.26.2014

Punalu'u - pau!

Okay, I should not have said "tomorrow I will post" ... 
because there is too much to do and I didn't get the chance to tinker with this until today! Why? Because I actually was able to paint today and had everything out, so it was easy.




 This is me just getting started. 
Seeing this, the thing I wanted to remember to post is that I used one of the Pandanus tree fruits as a paintbrush to put the base paint layer down (underpainting if you will) over the gesso a few days ago. I made it a brilliant orange because orange and blue are beautiful complements that I love, and I thought I just might be painting some ocean scenes :)



Here it is mostly finished on the "easel" pochade box, in situ.

I had to tweak it a bit so there would be some contrast in the coco palms, 
and now I signed it so it is finished!


Punalu'u Black Sand Beach   8 x 10 inches  w.s. oil on prepared archival panel




 Mahalo nui loa for checking in. I know it has been sporadic,
 but I AM thinking about painting nearly all the time!





  
 

No comments: