Dear painters, art aficionados, and art explorers everywhere. I would never have guessed this journal would keep my interest for so long! Join me as I learn about the processes of painting, drawing and at times, the history of art.
My website is: terirobusstudio.com

11.03.2014

Kekaha Kai

After organizing & food shopping, Matt and I drove North to Kekaha Kai State Park, on the island of Hawaii. I set up my easel and did a small sketch and then painted a little 8 x 10 study.

Here is the sketch:


Painting under way:


I used a board that I gessoed with black! Perfect for lava! Ugh ... I forgot my good painting knife back at the condo. This is a silly plastic one I use sometimes for various things.






 It was very windy out there today, plus we were right smack under the flight path for the airport. So, not too peaceful - but it was beautiful and warm.
 




 
 
 

No comments: