Dear painters, art aficionados, and art explorers everywhere. I would never have guessed this journal would keep my interest for so long! Join me as I learn about the processes of painting, drawing and at times, the history of art.
My website is: terirobusstudio.com

9.30.2014

30in30 - Day 30!



Stuff In My Refrigerator
 
 

I ran out of my Arches Oil Paper, so I am using something new. 
I recently asked for a sample (5x7) of a "mounting board" by Crescent. I really like it. I didn't gesso, just began painting ... well, after I sketched with white conte crayon (see above) and then set it with alcohol.

 
I remembered to take a progress photo (because I stopped for lunch)!


This is what it looked like before taking the tape off.

Stuff In My Refrigerator       5 x 7 inches        Ultra-Black Mounting Board

detail (my fav part is the milk carton, and the kimchi)



So, it was a really fun, crazy, interesting month. An painting education! Here are the things I think of immediately about this challenge:
 
1. I still do love to paint!
2. I am learning to trust myself regarding composition, values & colors.

(there are probably more things I learned, but I am kind of tired and want to get this posted)

Just remember to listen to the ArtistsHelpingArtists podcast this week because Leslie will be talking about this September 2014 30PaintingsIn30Days Challenge.

Thanks for hanging in there with me during the month.

Make sure to check back to see what is on my easel from time to time ... a leave me a comment so I know you were there!



No comments: