Dear painters, art aficionados, and art explorers everywhere. I would never have guessed this journal would keep my interest for so long! Join me as I learn about the processes of painting, drawing and at times, the history of art.
My website is: terirobusstudio.com

8.03.2014

Swoop plein-air - Brooks Range, Dietrich River Valley



Since it was early in the day, we stopped at another spot 
(a gravel pit actually, as shown)
and I made another painting sketch.

The Dietrich river is between the road and the mountain.


thumbnail first


I don't know what the name of this cool mountain is but I have named it

Swoop

because that is how it turned out when I painted it.
As you see, the real thing doesn't have that much of a swoop.

I would love to stand on the top of that point.




I don't have the finished version yet, will post later.

Oh, and yesterday I got a plein-air sketch done when I went with the Plein Rein painters to Thane. It was a gorgeous gorgeous day! Will post that tomorrow.

Thanks for checking in!



No comments: