Dear painters, art aficionados, and art explorers everywhere. I would never have guessed this journal would keep my interest for so long! Join me as I learn about the processes of painting, drawing and at times, the history of art.
My website is: terirobusstudio.com

8.25.2014

Skagway River plein-air


We made it to Skagway where it looked as if the weather was clearing up!
Stayed at Sgt Preston's Lodge which I am happy to endorse because it is economical, clean and right downtown (well, nothing is that far away in Skagway anyway).

But as you can see below, the next day was gorgeous so we found a place to set up my pochade box from Alla Prima Pochade hand made by 
Ben Haggett (a little plug there for ya Ben!)
which I dearly love.


How do you narrow-down a scene like this?
I did use my view-finder and then did a quick sketch. This helps me tremendously.






WIP (work-in-progress) - painting sketch being "sketched".

Skagway Summer  oil on black Multimedia art board, 10 x 8 inches
I love this painting. It is the last painting from our "Brooks Range Road Trip". Ten altogether.

Thank you for looking in.

No comments: