Dear painters, art aficionados, and art explorers everywhere. I would never have guessed this journal would keep my interest for so long! Join me as I learn about the processes of painting, drawing and at times, the history of art.
My website is: terirobusstudio.com

8.02.2014

Brooks Range, Sukakpak Mtn plein-air painting


As we were driving in the Brooks Range on the Haul Road north of Coldfoot and Wiseman,

this



came into view.


Really a magnificent geologic formation. It was a fabulous day, luckily and as it turns out, the best day we had for this stay in the Brooks Range.

We drove along and found a good spot to paint 
on a gravel bar of the Middle Fork Koyukuk River.

This is the thumbnail sketch for the painting:


 
 Matt got some shots of me painting with a bug-shirt on. 
The skeeters weren't very pleasant.

 





 And this is the plein-air painting that happened ... about an hour's effort.


 

Middle Fork Koyukuk River     oil on Multimedia lightweight art panel  8 x 10 inches


No comments: