Dear painters, art aficionados, and art explorers everywhere. I would never have guessed this journal would keep my interest for so long! Join me as I learn about the processes of painting, drawing and at times, the history of art.
My website is: terirobusstudio.com

5.24.2014

Pink Sweater


 Plein air painting at Gold Creek

Liz took a pic of me at my painting spot. I was talking, I guess.
There were lots of tourists panning for gold in Gold Creek.
 



 My surface was an 8 x 10 Ultralight Artist panel from
these guys and I think you can also get them from DickBlick.

The problem was that the surface soaked up my water soluble paints very quickly and it is almost dry already! I couldn't get much value perspective going on (the mts across the channel are too dark).

I am thinking I will finish this painting with pastels. The oil painting will be my underpainting.

You may remember the painting I made last year, June, I think,
 that was a small 6 x 6 incher called Yellow Raincoat?


Here is the photo in situ. It sold and I delivered it a few weeks ago!
So exciting!


Pink Sweater W-I-P  


I will post the finished painting if I get it done.

I have begun my next large format K River painting!

Thanks and stay tuned!


 

No comments: