Dear painters, art aficionados, and art explorers everywhere. I would never have guessed this journal would keep my interest for so long! Join me as I learn about the processes of painting, drawing and at times, the history of art.
My website is: terirobusstudio.com

5.03.2014

K River - 9



This is a shot of the painting part-way thru.
That S-shaped tree is fun. I love black spruce.

So why am I doing these studies on black gesso?
Some painters like it for nocturnes (painting at night, or of the night).

Very simply, I think painting pigment over black really intensifies colors.
I guess good old Bob Ross used black gesso for many of his happy little paintings.

Last Lake   6x6 inches    oil on Arches oil paper


I love the way the lake reflection turned out! and the trees, and the foreground...

No comments: