Dear painters, art aficionados, and art explorers everywhere. I would never have guessed this journal would keep my interest for so long! Join me as I learn about the processes of painting, drawing and at times, the history of art.
My website is: terirobusstudio.com

3.05.2014

Hanging my Silverbow exhibit today!


Today Matt (my husband) and I took zillions of my paintings to the Silverbow Gallery 
(link photo shows the walls as red, but they are a neutral gray now
and MUCH better for exhibiting paintings!).

We found that the way they have to hang paintings are with wires that have hooks attached 
and the paintings have the tendency to swing about 
unless you "putty" them down or something. 
 
We think we might use some Command Velcro strips to really fasten them down. 
The putty is good for labels, but it doesn't really hold the paintings down.
 



Here is a fuzzy preview zoom-in of my last painting 
(it is still wet! and it is hanging in the gallery now)!

This is the big one I was working on and hoping to finish in time for the show. I did!

We have to go back tomorrow and finish putting up labels and Command Velcro!

I will try to remember to take photos of all and post.

Thank you for reading my blog!

No comments: