Dear painters, art aficionados, and art explorers everywhere. I would never have guessed this journal would keep my interest for so long! Join me as I learn about the processes of painting, drawing and at times, the history of art.
My website is: terirobusstudio.com

11.08.2013

October on Cape Cod


I wanted to paint on the beach that Matt and his family always went to when he was a boy.



This is the view down on the beach looking north ...


... and looking south.

He remembers the parking as being just a blown out area of sand - now it is a large macadam parking lot with bathrooms nearby and also, now there is a stairway down to the beach whereas, when he was last there - 50 years ago (!) one just skuttled one's way down the sandy bluff.


So ... the story behind the jackets wrapped around my legs is that the biting flies on the beach were HORRENDOUS! .. and we didn't have any bug dope, so if I wanted to stay there and paint, this was the solution! Stylish .... no?


    Newcomb Hollow Beach          8" x 8"         Oil on birch panel

I had the house wayyyy too big so when I got home, I changed it. Much betta.

Let's see if the b&w will show I used a good value range.



Yep, it is ok.

Thanks for viewing my art!

No comments: