Dear painters, art aficionados, and art explorers everywhere. I would never have guessed this journal would keep my interest for so long! Join me as I learn about the processes of painting, drawing and at times, the history of art.
My website is: terirobusstudio.com

11.06.2013

Kancamancus Hwy, New Hampshire


Hi! I wanted to post the painting sketches I was able to do on our fall trip to the east coast.
This is the first one I was able to paint after leaving the city (NYC).

We took the Amtrak train to Plattsburg NY and rented a car and headed west to visit our friends where we went on a couple of hikes (took photos!) - then drove east.

We took the Kancamancus Hwy through the White Mts to see the colors, but there had been a storm or two blow through and many of the leaves were already down. 
A few trees held on to their leaves though.

Stopped to eat our lunch at this spot; nearly impossible to find a parking area because there were SO MANY cars, both driving and parked.
We lucked out to find this quiet, soothing place on a tiny creek, with no one there!






  
Kancamancus Lunch Spot    10" x 8"  Oil on canvas board



As I mentioned, this was about an hour's worth of work (ouchy work, too!) - so I am not sure if it will become a larger painting or not. I do like the way this sketch turned out. And I have to fess-up, the color version is "enhanced" from the original, which is a little darker. Usually I try NOT to do that unless the photo is bad ... and that is partly the reason here.


No comments: