Dear painters, art aficionados, and art explorers everywhere. I would never have guessed this journal would keep my interest for so long! Join me as I learn about the processes of painting, drawing and at times, the history of art.
My website is: terirobusstudio.com

9.14.2013

North Douglas plein air I


Today in Juneau the weather was amazing. Warm and no wind.
I painted for several hours in just a tshirt.

The thing was ... it was sunny down in South Douglas 
and overcast in North Douglas!

The other thing was that even though it was a beautiful Saturday afternoon, 
only about 4 people walked by.
 


This was the view I decided to paint ... seen thru my view finder!
 

Set up and progression:



Prepared canvas board is toned with Transparent Red Iron Oxide.


Calm before the storm?   8" x 10"   oil on canvas board

I left quite a bit of the iron oxide coming through ... 
probably because it was such an overcast spot! The light was actually quite flat.


 
(I really like how this b&w looks!)

No comments: