Dear painters, art aficionados, and art explorers everywhere. I would never have guessed this journal would keep my interest for so long! Join me as I learn about the processes of painting, drawing and at times, the history of art.
My website is: terirobusstudio.com

2.26.2013

#8 Faces - Fini!



Jean-Michel Basquiat, 5.5 x 6, oil on panel
Basquiat (12/22/1960 - 8/12/1988) 
He flamed out much too early. He was only 27.


After the graphite sketch, I layered on some Gloss Medium/Varnish and then painted in oil.

Detail

This effect is "antique with edge blur" from iPhoto. Cool.

On another topic, Pierre-Auguste Renoir's 172nd birthday was yesterday.

One of my most favorite art blogs is Katherine Tyrrell's, Making A Mark.
 
Katherine features a video (!) of Renoir painting in his late life, in the post link above. 
It is so remarkable to see him moving and painting with his poor rheumatic hands. 
I just may have to do a Faces of him.
If you watch it, don't you just wish you could also hear what he is saying?


No comments: